Adjust Text Size:
Resident transitions to more complex services or levels of care can be difficult for residents and their families to accept and pursue. Eviction is rarely an optimal or even good solution in circumstances where the continued residency of a resident is no longer appropriate or safe in the assisted living residence. This session will provide strategies and techniques that may be helpful in avoiding the actual courtroom eviction process and having the difficult conversations with residents and families.
• The learner will be able to identify actions that can be taken to encourage resident and families to pursue more appropriate living arrangements
• The learner will be able to discuss the techniques that are appropriate to use when dealing with residents and families in denial regarding the resident’s needs
• The learner will develop strategies for dealing with difficult families
• Bob Blaisdell, Esq., Donoghue, Barrett and Singal, P.C. Robert Blaisdell is a Partner at Donghue, Barrett, and Singal, and holds his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law. He works with the firm’s health care clients to provide health care regulatory, general business, and corporate legal services. He also provides focused advice on employment, landlord-tenant, and HIPAA-related matters. He is a member of the Boston Bar Association’s HIPPA Task Force.
• Nina Edwards, RN, Esq., Donoghue, Barrett and Singal, P.C. Nina Edwards is a Partner at Donoghue, Barrett, and Singal, P.C. specializing in the application of business and regulatory law with health care and related providers. Her clinical training and health care industry management experince help her to address the unique and critical legal matters that face health care providers. Prior to her leagal career, Ms. Edwards held a variety of health care management and consulting positions including hospital CEO, nurse, and management consultant. She holds a J.D. from Boston University School of Law.
• Executive Directors
• Resident Care Directors
• Attorneys interested in Assisted Living
• Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
We want you to get the most out of our training products! Download a tip sheet to help you get the most out of your purchase.
Length: 60 minutes
Originally recorded on 5-26-11